Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chandler Turns 7 years old...





















Over the last seven years I can assure you there have been moments I thought I wouldn't live to see the other side of... For instance, when Chandler was a baby and at the age of 11 months began to climb out of his crib making a move to a "toddler bed" neccesary, it was in that moment my baby became a toddler. Then Chandler was 3 and Jason insisted he should join a pre-school program and spend time with someone other than "just mommy" it was that day when I dropped him off at school for the first time that my baby proved to be a little older. Over the next couple of years, I swore that when Chandler turned 5 years old I would surely die... sure enough he did turn five, somehow I survived and it was that day that I realized my baby had become a little boy. And then when he was about 6 Chandler decided kisses on the check were better for him and NEVER in public... my baby continued to grow up and was now becoming a little man. Now I look at my 7 year old Chandler who has four "grown up" teeth, a few scares on his knees, two languages down pact, a piggy bank full of pesos and coins, notebooks full of his "art work" and photo albums totally 7 in all (one for every year)... I realized I have survived allot... perhaps the future is brighter than I had thought, having your baby grow up can't be all that bad... that is until he turns 13... then for sure that will be the end of me!!!

No comments: