Friday, July 17, 2009

Introducing Community Fellowship Church of the Nazarene

Here is a quote from Pastor Roger Huff:

"I am very excited about the future of our church! We have changed our name to Community Fellowship Church of the Nazarene, underwriting the ministry of a missionary couple, looking at starting a home church, reaching into our local community in new ways, partnered with Mission Waco and Care Net Pregnancy Crisis Center, we have Bill Dallas("Lessons From San Quentin") coming in Sept and MORE!"

Check out the new website and ALL that God is doing in Waco!
I am very excited myself. It has been one year since we have returned to the states for our studies in missions and from the beginning I believed that God had spoken to me that He was in the work to do a great thing in Waco, TX. He lead me to study the book of Nehemiah and feel Nehemiah's own discouragement when he heard reports from home that 'the walls of Jerusalem (his home) are broken down" it says he "sat down and wept". Thank goodness he did not stop there, he then "mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven" (Nehemiah 2 vs. 4)
And did God answer his prayers? Well, read the story! God used Nehemiah to inspire me and to teach me that Prayer is a top priority. The end of this month will end one year of focusing, praying and fasting regularly for God's will in our home town. I'm ready for answered prayers, can you tell!!!!
If you have any prayer needs, please let us know! Or let someone in your church or family know, someone who BELIEVES in what they say... that prayer makes all the difference.

No comments: